The New River Ramble:
- • Located in the Historic Town of Todd, N.C.
- • Approx. 10 miles to downtown Boone and Appalachian State University
- • Approx. 15 miles to Blowing Rock.
- • Other areas of interest, within just a short drive, include Grandfather Mountain, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Banner Elk, Valle Crucis, and Linville Caverns/Falls. Appalachian, Beech and Sugar Mountain are close for skiing and Hawksnest for snow tubing and zip lining.
Approximate distance to each location:
- • Boone, NC (10 miles)
- • Appalachian State University (10 miles)
- • Tweetsie Railroad Amusement Park (15 miles)
- • Appalachian Ski Resort (16 miles)
- • Blowing Rock, NC (17 miles)
- • Hawks Nest Ski Resort (23 miles)
- • Sugar Mountain Executive Golf Course (25 miles)
- • Sugar Mountain Ski Resort (26 miles)
- • Banner Elk (28 miles)
- • Grandfather Mountain State Park (the swinging Bridge) (30 miles)
- • Ski Beech (32 miles)
- • Linville Caverns/Falls, NC (45 miles)